5 Tips for the Ultimate Road Trip
By: Sarah Davis, Greenheart Exchange, Work and Travel Operations Coordinator
I recently took a road trip from Illinois to Indiana with a colleague and realized there are so many quintessential items you should have on hand to make your trip a success. Below are my top 5 ultimate road trip tips!
- The perfect beverage. There’s nothing better for getting you pumped and in the mood to sit in a car for hours. I recommend a nice big cup of coffee or iced green tea!
- Snacks! We all get a little hungry when driving for hours, so I suggest stopping along the way for some sweet or savory snacks. My favorite suggestions would be a big bag of Cheetos or a shareable bag of peanut butter M&Ms.
- A selection of conversation topics. This can range anywhere from favorite movies to TV shows, to your most memorable moments traveling, or even just strategizing things to do and see when you get to your destination! It’s a great way to get to know your travel buddies!
- Backup navigation. During my recent road trip, we ran into some “dead zones” where our GPS signal was lost, and I really could have used a map. While maps are becoming obsolete, you never know when you might need one! Better safe than sorry!
- Tunes. This might be last, but definitely not least. I can’t stress enough how important it is to select a playlist or podcast that they whole car will enjoy! This will make those long stretches of highway zoom by, and before you know it, you’ve reached your destination!
I’d love to hear about some of your must-have items for an ideal road trip around the United States. Remember, it’s not always about the destination — so enjoy the journey!