Going Greenheart Tour in Rehoboth Beach
By: Meegan Rehak, Greenheart Work and Travel Employer Services Coordinator
During my trip to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, I learned just how wonderful one of our resources, the Community Support Groups are, for both the community and participants! Not only do they provide information and resources to participants on the ground, but they also provide a great venue for participants to meet friends and peers during their time in the United States. Community Support Group (CSG) staff is comprised of community volunteers who want to assist the international population in their area, and their desire to give back and help their community is invaluable. The CSG offers a lot of opportunities, some of which are included below!
- A Social Security representative, as well as rides to the Social Security office
- DelDot (Delaware Department of Transpiration) Bike Safety
- A nurse from Beebe Health Center touched on injuries and sexual assault, and what to do in each event
- A police officer explaining crime and robbery
- Beach and ocean safety tips
- Trip scheduling and group tours
- Bank representatives
- Weekly meals for free
Participants should definitely take advantage of these opportunities and resources, especially since CSGs do not exist in every community! The Delaware community is really providing some awesome support for their participants!