Katy’s top 5 favorite memories of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
For some of our participants, it was their first time ever volunteering, and now it will not be their last!
5. Chocolate– Did you know that Harrisburg, Pennsylvania is called, “The Sweetest Place on Earth? The truth is sweet.
4. Touring the city –It is obvious why many participants request to live and work here! There are many exciting, fun things to do! From touring the historical capitol building, to enjoying the thrill of the amusement park, Harrisburg is filled with fun activities!
3. Spending time with host organizations – It was a wonderful experience to see host organizations operating with ease and efficiency, as they prepare before the summer participants arrive.
2. Giving back to the local community – A small group of 15 of us volunteered at a revolutionary, local nonprofit, the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, which focuses on feeding the hungry. The organization does incredible work, and I’m proud we were able to contribute to their mission. For some of our participants, it was their first time ever volunteering, and now it will not be their last!
1. Meeting our awesome participants- It’s always a great experience to talk and interact with our participants about their jobs, travel plans, and experiences in the United States.
Ready to treat your organization with international diversity? Get in contact with CCI Greenheart to learn more!